A quality program is a centrepiece for a conference and the jewel in the crown is undoubtedly the conference keynote speakers.
The ability to hear industry and thought leaders that otherwise would be inaccessible provides a key motivation for an individual
to attend a conference.
In effect, the right headliner not only helps sell tickets but builds a dynamic event your delegates can’t stop raving about.
Yet, while finding the right mix of keynote speakers that both expand learning opportunities and drives registrations is essential, it’s not
Regardless of your industry, it can be assumed your top picks are well sought after.
We recommend committee discussing preferences as early as possible – with the aim to book speakers at least 1 year in advance if possible.
So, here are our top tips for finding the keynote speaker of your delegates dreams:
1. Understand your conference program and set your theme
The first step is to get an overview of your conference program needs and start brainstorming your program theme. This way you can create a list of speaker options and topics that fit best your requirements.
So take time to investigate:
- What current and future industry trends are you wanting to address?
- What do you want to achieve with your program?
- What topics need to be discussed?
- What type of sessions are you looking to fill?
- What worked and didn’t work in the previous conference?
WE RECOMMEND BOOKING KEYNOTE SPEAKERS IN AT LEAST ONE YEAR PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT.
SO START PLANNING EARLY
2. Understand your audience
Of course, this process of understanding your program and setting your theme also corresponds with the need to understand your target audience. So yet again time for research – ask:
- What are the demographics of my audience?
- Are there any knowledge gaps that need to be filled?
- Does my audience need motivating rather than industry knowledge?
- What was the delegate feedback from our previous conferences?